Unlimited Options – Exceptional Quality – Superior Customer Service
Cabinet Innovations has it all

Arch: A single curved shape used on raised panel doors.

Bead Board: Bead Board is a term used when describing beaded vertical grooves in a panel.

Blumotion® Slide: Blumotion® is a self-closing drawer slide, with a soft-closing action.

Burnishing: An antique effect is created through a process that darkens the profile edges of the wood.

Cathedral: A curved shape similar to church windows.

Ceiling Adjustment Trim: Variety of molding details used to expand crown molding and scribe to the ceiling.

Concealed Hinge: A European concealed hinge is hidden from the exterior of the door. It is attached to the back of the door and the inside of the cabinet.

Custom Cabinetry: Custom Cabinetry is built-to-order cabinetry.

Decorative Side Panel: A panel applied to the side of a cabinet, giving a finished furniture look.

Dovetail: Dovetailing is a process in which the wood interlocks at the corners to produce strong joints.

Enkeboll: Architectural wood carved decorative accents, such as corbels, inlays, rosettes, etc.

Face Frame Construction: Traditional cabinet construction with a solid wood frame attached to the front of the cabinet box. The cabinet doors are either mounted to the frame with a traditional overlay reveal giving it a classic look or the doors are mounted with an inset hinge giving it a more period look.

Filler: Used to scribe cabinets to an uneven wall, and/or provide clearance for corners and trim.

Frameless Construction: Frameless cabinets use full overlay doors, mounted with European hinges to allow maximum interior storage.

Full-Extension Under-Mount Drawer Slide: This allows the drawer to be pulled completely out, allowing for wider interior storage space.

Full Overlay: Full overlay doors have a minimum reveal between them. Visually, they fully lay over the cabinet. Frameless construction uses full overlay doors.

Glass Mullion Doors: A mullion is a horizontal or vertical divider that divides the glass door into small “panes” or “lights.” A true divided light is when each panel is a separate piece. A less expensive way is to put the mullion frame “on top of” a single piece of glass, thereby giving the illusion of “divided” lights.

Glazing: An uneven, inconsistent look is created by applying an accent stain over the door. It is then wiped off, leaving behind light to dark tones in the corners, door grooves, and wood grains defining its details. Wood-Mode and Brookhaven offer many different hand-glazing options.

Hand Distressing: Hand distressing options, exclusive to Wood-Mode and Brookhaven, include dents, nicks, rasping, worm holes, joint cracks, rub-throughs, splits, and wear aging techniques which are used to produce an antique character and flavor.

Inset Doors/Drawers: Inset doors and drawers sit within the rails and stiles and lay flush with the front edges of the face frame.

Kiln-Dried Wood: Refers to reducing the moisture content of wood prior to its use. This is done to prevent warping and twisting of the wood, and to keep dimensional changes to a minimum.

Light Valance: A decorative molding applied to the underside of a wall cabinet to conceal under-cabinet lighting and plug mold.

Miter: A right angle joint is created by fitting together two pieces of wood using a 45 degree cut.

Onlay: An onlay is a carved decorative piece applied to the exterior of the cabinet.

Overlay Filler: A decorative panel applied over a filler to give a complete finished appearance.

Plug Mold: A strip of electrical outlets installed to the underside of a wall cabinet. Plug mold is used to eliminate unsightly clutter of electrical outlets in a decorative backsplash.

Plywood: Plywood is a type of engineered wood made from thin sheets of wood veneer that are glued together, under pressure. Each veneer is turned at right angles to the adjacent layers. This creates a strong board that is less prone to warping.

Rail: The horizontal piece of wood that frames the door or cabinet box.

Recessed Bottoms: When the bottom of a wall cabinet is recessed to allow for under-cabinet lighting, and plug mold.

Solid Wood: Solid wood is a term used to distinguish between lumber and plywood or engineered wood. Solid wood is used to make door frames, raised panels, and moldings. It is not the best choice for cabinet parts and shelving, as solid wood is typically 3-4” wide after milling.

Stile: The vertical piece of wood that frames a door or cabinet box. The cabinet door is secured to the stile.

Toe Kick: Toe kick is the recessed area at the bottom of a base cabinet.

Veneer: Veneer refers to thin pieces of wood that are glued onto core panels (typically plywood, engineered wood, or MDF) to produce panels for cabinet parts or doors

Wood Grain: The arrangement of layers of wood fiber growth that create the patterns in different types of wood.

Wood Species: Wood species is the type of wood that is used to manufacture the cabinets.